3 Ways To Make Money Online
Be a Freelancer
Start a Blog
Looking for the best email marketing software for Shopify? I’m not going to make you read half an article before I reveal it to you, but I am going to give you a drumroll…
Okay, that was anti-climactic, but the answer is hands down ActiveCampaign.
It’s my favorite all around e-commerce email marketing software for so so so many reasons, and that holds true for Shopify stores as well.
As a quick overview, here are some of the ways ActiveCampaign shines:
- It’s highly visual, so you can easily see what your email campaigns look like as you’re building them.
- It’s robust but simple. You can create complex custom workflows with drag and drop creators. This includes dropped cart sequences and much more.
- Best deliverability I’ve seen in an autoresponder (they won’t end up in the spam filters).
- It can do anything. Every time you think of something you want to do with your list, it’s likely possible inside of Active Campaign.
- It’s pricing is basically the same as most of the other ones, despite being able to do way more.
Now, let’s get more specific about why ActiveCampaign is the best email marketing Software for Shopify…
Why ActiveCampaign is the Best Email Marketing Software for Shopify
There are some unique things I look for when determining the best email marketing service for e-commerce. ActiveCampaign ticks off all the boxes. Here’s why…
It Integrates Beautifully With Shopify
Syncing your ActiveCampaign and Shopify account is simple, and ActiveCampaign has put together a simple guide to help you.
You will need to upgrade your plan to Plus, Professional or Enterprise to be able to integrate ActiveCampaign with Shopify.
Once you set that up, you can take advantage of some of the best Shopify marketing automation and e-commerce email marketing opportunities that exist, including:
- Syncing Shopify contacts and past purchases with ActiveCampaign
- Shopify checkout integrates with ActiveCampaign so that new purchases show up immediately
- Automatically turn new customers into subscribers
It's Easy to Send Emails According to E-commerce Triggers
Not many email marketing platforms take important e-commerce triggers into account, but ActiveCampaign is very thorough in that regard. For example, ActiveCampaign allows you to set up Purchase and Abandoned Cart triggers.
When a person makes a purchase from your e-commerce store, you can have them automatically added to an automation. That way you can send them a series of follow up emails related to their purchase.
You can also set it up to simply tag the contact so that you can exclude them when you are promoting that product.
This is extremely valuable as it keeps people from getting frustrated. Instead of receiving a bunch of emails about something they already own, you can just exclude them.
This feature is one of the main reasons why ActiveCampaign is the best email marketing service for e-commerce since it is one of the only ones that offers it.
It allows you to gain sales from what would otherwise be lost traffic. A lot of times, people will put items in their cart and then get sidetracked. Abandoned cart series allow you to send automated custom emails that encourage contacts to complete a purchase.
Both of these triggers are simple to implement using ActiveCampaign, which is unheard of with the other email marketing platforms that actually offer this option. It’s a simple drag and drop workflow just like everything else in ActiveCampaign.
Perform Shopify Marketing Automation With Personalization & Segmentation
Another reason why I recommend ActiveCampaign as the best email marketing Software for Shopify is because of how easy they make personalization and segmentation.
These days, every email marketing platform allows you to personalize your emails, but it’s often pretty limited. Segmentation, however, is harder to come by and when it is offered, it’s typically complicated to use or manage.
With ActiveCampaign, personalization and segmentation is not only a snap, but the options are also diverse.
ActiveCampaign allows us to personalize our emails based on:
- Page visits
- Email opens
You can set up your own tags to be added when people perform certain actions. That way, you can essentially personalize your campaigns any way you want by getting creative with your tags.
When it comes to segmentation, here are the rules you can segment your contacts by:
- Contact Details
- Custom Contact Fields
- Site & Event Data
- Date & Time
By setting up these segmentation rules, you can send targeted emails to the people who want those emails and not to the people who don’t. You can also create a segment of VIPs based on repeat purchases, total dollars spent, and average order value.
ActiveCampaign even performs Lead Scoring, which lets you know which of your leads are most likely to convert. That way, you can personalize your marketing to those folks even more.
There's a Shopify Marketing Automation Solution for Everybody
With ActiveCampaign, there’s an easy solution for every e-commerce automation you wish to create, which is yet another reason why it’s the best email marketing Software for Shopify.
Some of the automations you are able to create include:
- Abandoned cart series
- Product interest series
- Welcome series
- Evergreen launch series
- Evergreen follow up series
- Social coupon series
- And so much more
There are three different ways you can create automations in ActiveCampaign, which means you’ll definitely be able to achieve the result you desire.
- Build Your Own Automations – You can customize everything the way you want it to be and design automations from simple to complex using the visual workflow builder.
- Purchase a Template in the ActiveCampaign Marketplace – You can access hundreds of proven templates built by ActiveCampaign and its users. (COOL TIP: If you create an automation that works really well, you can even sell it in the marketplace!)
- Hire ActiveCampaign to Design an Automation for You – If you don’t want to be bothered with creating your own or adopting and customizing a template, you can simply hire ActiveCampaign to do it for you.
Active Cmpaign Allows You to Do Email Retargeting
I talked about abandoned cart automations above, which is a type of email retargeting. But that’s not the only way you can use ActiveCampaign’s powerful automation and email retargeting solutions. Here are three more ways you can use this feature:
- Email Leads That Visit Your Website – Lets say one of your leads reads an article on your site and then leaves. You can set up ActiveCampaign to automatically send them an email related to what they were reading.
- Convert Visitors to Leads – You can help convert returning visitors to your site through ActiveCampaign by showing them a popup that helps them take action. This can help you convert these visitors to leads while also reducing your bounce rate.
- Use Email Retargeting Data for More Effective Ads on Other Platforms – You’ll collect a lot of data when you perform email retargeting campaigns. That data can be used to create custom audiences for Facebook retargeting or to better target your Google ads.
3 More Reasons ActiveCampaign is the Best Ecommerce Email Marketing Software
The reasons I listed above demonstrate why I feel ActiveCampaign is the best email marketing software for Shopify and for e-commerce specifically.
There are so many other reasons why I love ActiveCampaign, so I wanted to point out a few more that are more general but still important for e-commerce marketers…
It's a Snap to Create Attractive Emails, Forms & Automations
One of my absolute favorite things about ActiveCampaign is how easy it is to create emails, forms, and automations.
With the amount of things you can do with this email marketing software, you would think it would be difficult to use. Most other platforms that offer this many features are, but ActiveCampaign has made it so simple!
It’s just a drag and drop editor, and the whole platform is so visual that it makes it really easy to see what you are doing.
You don’t have to struggle to think about how to do something; you just drag it over. You don’t have to wonder how your automation is set up; it’s all right there clearly laid out.
You Can Send Emails at the Right Time
This is one of the simplest reasons why ActiveCampaign is the best email marketing Software for Shopify. Even with your automations, ActiveCampaign lets you decide what time your emails will go out, no matter where in the world your contacts are located.
You can also tell it to exclude certain days of the week that don’t tend to get you good open rates or conversions.
Manage Your Email Marketing Campaigns With Robust Reporting
I love that ActiveCampaign has been so well thought out. Their reporting features always give us exactly what we need to manage our email marketing campaigns with ease and strategy.
You can access reports for each email you send, which will show you the following:
- Who opened the email or clicked on a campaign
You can see reports for your automations, showing you opens and clicks at a glance for each email in the automation and a summary report overall.
For each contact that you have, you’ll be able to see the following elements that are associated with each one all on one convenient screen:
- Emails received
- Notes you added
Mini Comparison to 2 Other Leading Ecommerce Email Marketing Platforms
Let’s compare ActiveCampaign to two of the most widely used e-commerce email marketing services out there. Both of these are relatively comparable to what ActiveCampaign offers:
- Mailchimp – Mailchimp is what a lot of small businesses start with because it is geared to beginners. For that reason, it is very simple and basic. While I do like Mailchimp, it doesn’t offer the features an e-commerce business needs to grow. Read my Mailchimp vs ActiveCampaign article to learn more.
- InfusionSoft – On the other side of that is InfusionSoft, which is probably the most powerful email marketing platform available. The problem with it, though, is that is very complicated to use.
- ActiveCampaign – ActiveCampaign is robust but still pretty simple. It has much more guts than Mailchimp and it can do almost everything InfusionSoft can do, but it’s much easier to use. Learn more about ActiveCampaign by reading my full ActiveCampaign review here.
Bottom Line: You just can’t go wrong with ActiveCampaign when it comes to e-commerce email marketing software.
In my book, it’s by far the best email marketing software for Shopify or any e-commerce shop.
The best way to see if ActiveCampaign is right for you is to try it out. You’ve got nothing to lose because they offer a 14-day free trial. Plus, I’m gonna sweeten the deal for you! I’ll give you a free email marketing course that will help you master the software. Here’s what to do…
Step 1: Grab Your Free Trial of ActiveCampaign
Just click the orange button below to get access to a 14-day free trial for ActiveCampaign:
Step 2: Grab Your Free Email Marketing Course
Next, you’ll want to grab my email marketing course. It’ll help you master the software quickly, and it’s free! Click the next orange button to grab it now…