As a blogger, choosing the right email marketing software is one of the main keys to your success. It’s what allows you to stay in touch with your website visitors so that you don’t have to keep chasing new traffic.
According to GrowthBadger, bloggers who earn $50,000+ per year are two times as likely to engage in email marketing compared to less-successful bloggers. Choosing the right email marketing software can make all the difference, however.
There are a lot of choices out there, but ActiveCampaign is by far the one and only best email marketing software for bloggers. It’s the only one I’ve found that will do what you need it to do at an affordable price and without a huge learning curve.
Why Active Campaign is the Best Email Marketing Software for Bloggers
There’s no need to give you a whole list of the best email marketing software for bloggers when in our opinion, there can only be one. And here’s all the reasons why…
Collect Subscribers With Ease & Flexibility
There are almost no limits to the ways you can collect subscribers with ActiveCampaign. They clearly get that everyone runs their business differently and that having the flexibility to do things the way you want is essential.
Here are some examples of how easy and flexible it is to collect subscribers:
- Unlimited Lead Magnets – You can have as many lead magnets as you want so you can reach people in different ways based on different interests. Plus, if you have multiple businesses, this is extremely valuable since you won’t need to have multiple ActiveCampaign accounts.
- Customized Sign-Up Forms – You’re able to build your email list with customized sign-up forms. You’ll be able to make them match your branding and capture exactly what you want to capture without limits. For example, here are some of the customizations you can make:
- Unlimited Autoresponders – You can create as many autoresponder series as you want. Each form can use a different autoresponder. You can also set up automatic tags based on actions your leads take, and those tags can trigger certain autoresponders.
- Unlimited Broadcasts – You also can set up as many broadcast emails (emails that are not part of an autoresponder) as you want. This allows you to send out your blog posts or any other information you want to your leads on an as needed basis.
Integrates With Your Other Software
At the time of writing this article, ActiveCampaign has over 260 integrations that are set up to streamline your blogging business. Instead of having several separate pieces of software and having to manage them separately, you can make them work together seamlessly. This will save you much time and frustration.
Here are some of the most popular integrations that might benefit you as a blogger:
- CMS – WordPress, Campaign-Genius, Dropbox, Evernote, Teachable
- Ecommerce – WooCommerce, PayPal, Stripe, Bigcommerce, Magento, SendOwl
- Lead Generation – ClickFunnels, LeadPages, LeadQuizzes, MemberPress, OptimizePress, StealthSeminar, Thrive Leads
- Forms – Unbounce, Typeform, OptinMonster, SurveyMonkey
- Analytics – Google Analytics, DataHero, Wicked Reports
- Social – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo
- Developer Tools – Zapier, Automate.io
- CRM – Asana, Basecamp, Google (Calendar, Contacts, Forms, Sheets, Task), Slack, Zoho, Zoom
- Event Management – Calendly, Entranz, Eventbrite
- Sales – Deadline Funnel, Webinar Ninja, Zillow
- Support – LiveChat, Zendesk
- And so much more
Advanced Automation & Segmenting Features
By far, this is what makes ActiveCampaign the best email marketing software for bloggers because it’s where they really shine. It allows you to set up powerful automated workflows so that you can take your blog to new heights.
When you get your automations right, you can enjoy all of the following:
- Passive Income – If passive income is important to you, you’ll absolutely need to have solid automations set up so that you can set and forget your internet marketing. ActiveCampaign is absolutely the best way to do that.
- Send Your Subscribers Exactly What They Want – ActiveCampaign allows you to use the following features to automatically send your subscribers exactly what they want: site tracking (visits to your website), link tracking (who clicks on your list), tagging, and segmentation.
- State-of-the-Art Targeting Features – You can send triggered emails based on your subscribers’ engagement, site visits, and purchases. That way, you can target them in the most effective ways.
- Fully Customized Tracking – ActiveCampaign allows you to track almost any behavior you want. This is invaluable because it doesn’t limit your marketing efforts. For example, you can segment and customize your emails based on the following parameters: contact’s location, gender, behavior (the way they interact with your campaign or website), interests, social data, and website visits. But you aren’t limited to those since you can create your own tags.
- Improve Your Ad Effectiveness – You can even reach your subscribers with Facebook ads and Google ads using ActiveCampaign segments.
ActiveCampaign’s automations are so easy to set up. It uses drag and drop functionality and the builder is completely visual so you can see very clearly what you are creating. You’ll be able to create intricate yet easy to construct automations.
If/then statements allow you to control what happens with your subscribers. Here are some examples of how you can use this feature:
- If a lead opens an email, then send them this email.
- If they don’t open a link, then move them to this sequence.
- If a contact visits a web page, tag them with a custom tag so you can reach them by interest.
Choose from dozens of trigger actions, so that you can fully control how your automation plays out. Some of the triggers you can set up include:
- Subscribes to a list
- Unsubscribes from a list
- Submits a form
- Opens/Reads an email
- Clicks a link in an email
- Visits a web page
- Event is recorded
- Shares an email
- Forwards an email
- Replies to an email
- Tag is added
- Tag is removed
- Goal is achieved
- Makes a purchase
- Abandons cart
- And more
You really have to experience ActiveCampaign’s automations for yourself to understand just how powerful they are. It will make you realize why it is hands down the best email marketing software for bloggers. Grab your free trial here!
Get a Clear Picture of Your Blogging Business
When you are doing email marketing, it is so important that you are able to clearly see what is happening in your business. Otherwise, you are playing the guessing game, wondering what is working and what isn’t. That’s another reason why ActiveCampaign is the best email marketing software for bloggers.
There are several different ways that ActiveCampaign makes it super easy to see exactly what is going on in your business:
- Contact Scoring – With contact scoring, you can see who your most engaged subscribers are.
- Goal Tracking – By using goal tracking, you can track purchases and memberships so that you know how your launches are performing.
- Advanced Reporting – When you use advanced reporting, you can measure your business and find new ways to grow.
- A/B Testing – Many email marketing platforms don’t include this and it can be invaluable. A/B testing, otherwise known as split testing, helps you to know what elements of your emails and funnels are working best so you can improve your open rates and click through rates. For example, you can have up to 5 different versions running at a time and you can test different subject lines, from names, and email contents. ActiveCampaign also allows you to split test your automations.
Built to Withstand Your Growth
It’s so frustrating when you outgrow your email marketing software and have to move all of your autoresponders and campaigns over to a new platform. It’s a tedious and time-consuming task that no one wants to deal with.
With ActiveCampaign, you don’t need to worry about that because it was built to withstand your business’ growth. When you grow, you can just turn on the features you haven’t used yet to get more power out of ActiveCampaign.
For example, here are some of the ways you can use ActiveCampaign as you grow:
- Add e-commerce or drop shipping options, such as purchase triggers or abandoned cart campaigns.
- Reach your contacts on various channels all within ActiveCampaign. For example, you can reach them through SMS marketing, Facebook Custom Audiences, and even an on-site messenger bot.
- Use Site Tracking to see how people are using your website so that you can more easily convert them to customers.
- Set up Automation Goals to measure how your marketing is working.
Only the best email marketing software for bloggers allows you to do so much with one powerful piece of software. That’s ActiveCampaign for ya!
And By the Way…
If you happened to already have started out with a different email marketing platform, ActiveCampaign will help you migrate everything over for free! That’s pretty awesome and pretty rare to find. Just another reason why it’s the best email marketing software for bloggers.
Comparison to Other Popular Email Marketing Software for Bloggers
Now, let’s take a quick look at some of the top contenders of email marketing for bloggers and compare them to ActiveCampaign so you can see how ActiveCampaign stacks up…
ConvertKit is definitely a quality piece of email marketing software for bloggers, and many bloggers use it. The problem, though, is that it’s pretty easy to outgrow it. ActiveCampaign has more advanced automation and segmenting features than ConvertKit so there’s really no chance you would outgrow it.
Plus, ActiveCampaign costs less when you are starting out, and then it will cost about the same as ConvertKit as you grow, but you get so much more with ActiveCampaign. Convertkit has very limited A/B testing features, whereas ActiveCampaign’s are comprehensive. Their reporting features also leave a lot to be desired, while ActiveCampaign’s reports are amazing.
If you’re a blogger who is planning to turn your blog into your primary income source, then Mailchimp is just way too basic. You will outgrow it much faster than ConvertKit. Plus, their automations are extremely limited.
A lot of bloggers like to start out with Mailchimp since they have a free plan, but in our eyes, the frustrations that come along with switching everything over to a new platform make those savings simply not worth it.
Plus, Mailchimp is still list-based, therefore it lacks the segmentation features that make ActiveCampaign’s automation features so powerful. It also means you’ll pay extra for subscribers that are in multiple lists. You can read our full comparison of ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp here.
AWeber is my least favorite email marketing platform because it just seems so clunky to me. It’s not at all user-friendly, so it’s confusing and difficult to use. It feels outdated, and I don’t know about you, but I want to use software that feels state-of-the-art, like ActiveCampaign.
Their automation builder and triggers are extremely limited, as are their split testing options (you can only split test subject lines). As we covered above, ActiveCampaign is hands down the best at automations, and their split testing feature is easy to use and comprehensive. AWeber’s email templates are outdated and their reports are “meh,” while ActiveCampaign’s templates are sleek and their reports are robust.
ConstantContact is a big no in my book because not only will you pay more than you would pay for ActiveCampaign, but you’d get A LOT less.
For example, their form-building and autoresponder features are very limited and their segmentation feature is done with manual tagging, not automatic like ActiveCampaign. Their automation features are extremely limited, as are their split testing features, whereas ActiveCampaign is pretty much unlimited in those areas. And, their reports are very basic, whereas ActiveCampaign’s are just amazing.
GetResponse has a hard time stacking up to ActiveCampaign as well. When it comes to building automations, the user experience is lacking, whereas ActiveCampaign makes it so easy. Their email templates look dated, but ActiveCampaign’s are fresh and modern-looking.
They also have very limited form designing options and automation features, while ActiveCampaign’s form builder is extremely customizable and their automations are best of breed. They don’t have split testing options either, while ActiveCampaign does.
Drip is a definite contender of ActiveCampaign, but it’s so expensive! It costs so much more than ActiveCampaign and falls short in a couple ways. Their form builder options leave much to be desired, while ActiveCampaign’s are highly customizable.
They also make it very difficult to split test email content and they don’t allow you to split test automations at all, while ActiveCampaign makes it easy to do both.
This is the one email marketing platform that has more robust features than ActiveCampaign, but that’s the problem. Infusionsoft is too overwhelming, and they haven’t designed the interface to be as user friendly and easy to navigate as ActiveCampaign.
As a blogger, you probably don’t need all the extra features Infusionsoft comes with, especially when you consider the huge learning curve it would take to learn them. And one important feature they don’t have is split testing, whereas ActiveCampaign has you covered there.
There is really no point in starting out with something less. You want something that will allow you to grow instead of something that will stifle you. ActiveCampaign is all about supporting your growth and giving you everything you need to do so.
I suggest you get started with a free trial of ActiveCampaign and then take advantage of my free email marketing course…
Step 1) Go with the #1 best email marketing software for bloggers. Sign Up for Active Campaign today!
Step 2) Get my free Email Marketing Course to help you master ActiveCampaign and email marketing for bloggers. Sign up below…
Email Marketing Course (Yours for Free!)
A step-by-step training on how to create powerful email automations that lead to loyal customers and increase profits.
Access the Course